Watkins & Associates, L.L.C. prides itself in being a South Georgia firm. While many communities have been forced over the years to obtain quality engineering expertise from large, expensive firms located hundreds of miles away in large cities, Watkins & Associates, L.L.C. has established a consulting engineering firm location in South Georgia that can provide this same quality service located essentially next door, and for less cost. Watkins & Associates, L.L.C. is seeking an individual to create and oversee CAD documentation using AutoCAD software.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Work with Staff Engineers to create CAD documents
- Use AutoCAD to provide production and detail part drawings
- Create civil plans (contours, utilities, paving layouts)
- Proficiency in creating alignments, profiles, corridors, pipe networks, surfaces, and other
- AutoCAD Civil 3D (i.e. Hydraflow, Storm and Sanitary Analysis).
- Create styles, settings, dynamic blocks, drawing detail, and template files to help
facilitate the creation of drawing standards.
Qualifications & Skills
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD Suite
- Fully understands CAD standards, application of CAD layers, title block templates and
can conform to rigorous CAD standard requirements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to read and understand job specifications and drawings
- Knowledge of general construction techniques
Education & Experience
- Highschool diploma or GED
- 2 or 4-year Technical degree in Drafting or similar with 2+ years demonstrated
- At least 6 months of CAD technician experience required
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Solid understanding of drafting techniques and familiarity with Engineering terminology
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete basic mathematical calculations
- Mathematical skills: ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of
plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions,
percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
Resumes may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Watkins & Associates, L.L.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. At this time, Watkins & Associates, L.L.C. will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization. Prior to the final offer of employment, the selected individual will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, education/credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Watkins & Associates’ background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal,
state, and local laws.